Thriving in a brand new workplace
More than ever, organizations have been forced to redefine their leadership roles, growth objectives, brand identities and relationships with their partners, clients and customers. These activities have impacted the workplace and have led toward a transformation in the ways we think, act and innovate. As a result, there is a sense of uncertainty and people are seeking to apply new strategies for change and how to create an environment that breeds sustainability, excitement and loyalty back into the workplace. Change represents tremendous opportunities for growth and advancement. However, it will require an employee branded workplace in order to best see and seize these new opportunities.
Organizations must embrace new sustainable methods to unleash an empowered workforce that can be trusted and encouraged to act upon their ideas and ideals. Today’s brave new workplace must empower its workforce to innovate, contribute and succeed in more meaningful ways. Organizations must design a more boundaryless infrastructure that can support an entrepreneurial spirit to propel (much needed) innovation and momentum. A workplace that allows the organization and its people to flourish as an employee branded workplace community; where one another's distinct identities and interrelated strengths are optimally utilized for the betterment of a healthy-whole.
Why is this topic so relevant and timely?
1. Lack of workplace productivity, impacts company performance which has a direct impact on the stock market, economic development and the creation of new jobs. Companies must find growth organically and it starts with the development of workplace talent and the design of a brave new workplace that propels innovation from the people.
2. Employees seek trust, empowerment and transparency from their employers more than ever. This requires a new enlightened form of leadership that must accept a workplace that inspires a more entrepreneurial workplace (e.g. Google, Costco). Employees (regardless of rank), must be allowed to share their ideas and ideals in an open-forum.
3. It has been proven that the best places to work have a direct collaboration with positive financial performance as people want to work harder for those companies that empower them to be the best they can be. See list of Top 100 Best Place to Work: http://www.greatplacetowork.com/what_we_do/lists-us-bestusa.htm
4. The US Workplace has an Identity crisis. This is a 2 fold issue:
a. Diversity and Inclusion. We operate in a more diverse and multicultural world than ever before. Companies can no longer train, develop and manage people the same way. One size doesn't fit all anymore.
b. People seek identity. Employees are looking to have greater impact and relevancy beyond the job title and job description. Every employee represents a unique brand and organizations must allow their employees to live their brand in everything they do and how they do it. With the emergence of the Millennials (Gen Y) in the workplace, this is especially important with respect to generational inclusion and their specific "personal brand" needs.
Here are some quick tips for both Employers and Employees to successfully Thrive in a Brave New Workplace:
1. Empower Your Employees to be Creative and Innovative Create an "Employee-branded community." Employees should be designated a special "brand identity" that allows them to contribute in multiple ways (not just their job title) to the organization. Allow for greater freedom for expression to propel creativity and initiative. Give your employees an identity that empowers their capabilities, skills sets and attitude.
2. Create a Workplace Culture that is Trustworthy and Transparent We are all is search of trust and people want to feel that their employer cares about them and respects their contributions. Recognition is important, but people want to feel a sense of security; show them you care. Take the time to value/appreciate the contributions of your employees. Showcase the respect for your employees. Employers will retain more people by showing a sense of gratitude and appreciation.
3. Strengthen Diversity Initiatives to Maximize Your Search for Top Talent We live in much more diverse and multicultural world than ever. Because most companies are in survival mode and / or in the process of reinventing themselves, companies must seek talent whose culturally roots descent from developing countries that have faced continuous survival and the need for reinvention. Employers must create a competitive advantage for their organizations by focusing more on diversity & inclusion.
1. Be Entrepreneurial Contribute in ways that you have never contributed before. Showcase your skill-sets and capabilities with more passion and determination. Create new opportunities by sharing your ideas and ideals. Sow entrepreneurial seeds because you just never know which one in going to grow and earn you the momentum you deserve.
2. Be Relevant Seek to be relevant beyond the job title/job description. Learn more about the direction of the company and learn a new skill that contributes to the companies goals and objectives. Create impact and influence. Become noticed, by becoming more relevant.
3. Lead with Kindness Have a positive attitude. This will get you further then you think. Prove to yourself and those colleagues around you - that you can weather the storm of uncertainty. When employers reevaluate their talent pool, this is one simple way to rise to the top. Employers want to know about those employees that can still make a different when times are tough.
About the Center for Innovation & Humanity (CIH)
CIH is a think-tank designed to partner with Corporations and Universities throughout the world; to influence the development of a new enlightened form of ethical leadership based on the principals of Innovation Humanity. CIH seeks to critically address the multiple paradigm shifts that are challenging how we should approach innovation and its role in propelling positive social change the world over. Our goal is to provide our delegates, attendees, sponsors and partners with valuable insights; tangible strategies, researched solutions and tools to help their products, services and brands approach innovation and humanity in the new economy.
What is Innovation Humanity?
We have reached a critical time of reflection where individuals, corporations, government, academics and leaders alike – must evaluate the way we think, act and innovate. The past represents a history of lessons learned from the knowledge economy where ethics was a mere choice. The present represents Innovation Humanity - the beginnings of the wisdom economy where we must give birth to a new form of ethical innovation that propels positive social change to breed global prosperity.
Click to view Related Links (0)
Click to view Comments (0)
|View My:||Company Profile|
|My Ad Pages:||Center for Innovation and Humanity , Glenn Llopis Group|
|May 05, 2010||To spur prosperity, nurture innovation|
|May 05, 2010||Earning Serendipity|
|May 05, 2010||Third Agers: Reclaiming the Fire|
|May 05, 2010||Thriving in a brand new workplace|
Keyword URL: http://www.fdbnetwork.com/Glenn-Llopis
Search Phrases: Opportunity Expert, Innovation Humanity, Glenn Llopis, Earning Serendipity, Center for Innovation Humanity, Center for Hispanic Leadership, Workplace culture, Diversity Inclusion, Hispanic leadership, Sustainability, Social Sustainability, Social Entrepreneur, Talent innovation, Innovation speaker, Hispanic motivational speaker, Workplace speaker, Diversity speaker, Sustainability speaker, Innovation speaker, Hispanic Heritage Month Speaker Sept 15th Oct 15th event, Glenn-Llopis